- This event has passed.
Dec 4th – Advent Service Sunday
4 December 2022 @ 09:00 - 12:00
We are excited to invite you all to gather with us on Sunday December 4th for our Service & Learning Sunday, by participating in one of the following options:
1. Online Baking (10am):
We will join together on Zoom from our kitchens at home to be guided through a shortbread recipe to prepare Christmas baked goods to be shared with the residents of A Better Tent City. A link to the Zoom call, along with the recipe and a list of needed ingredients, will be provided closer to the date.
2. In-Person Cooking at 22 Willow (9am): (10 people max – kids welcome)
We will meet at the 22 Willow kitchen to prepare Sunday evening dinner as a group that will be shared with the residents of A Better Tent City. All ingredients will be provided.
3. In-Person Cooking at A Better Tent City (9am): (6 people max – adults and teens only)
We will meet at The Better Tent City kitchen (Ardelt Ave Kitchener) to prepare and share Sunday brunch together with the residents of A Better Tent City. All ingredients will be provided.
4. In-Person Cooking at Supportive Housing of Waterloo (SHOW) (10am): (10 people max – kids welcome)
We will meet at SHOW to prepare food and then share brunch together with the tenants of SHOW. All ingredients will be provided.
5. Downtown Walk (9am): (6 people max – adults and teens only)
We will join at St. Matthews parking lot (54 Benton St Kitchener) to meet with a friend of Kim Dettweiler, who will guide us on a walk through downtown Kitchener, handing out muffins, fruit and coffee along the way. A list of items to hand out will be provided for those who wish to bring items along. Please note, this option requires walking a distance.
6. Hot Chocolate in Waterloo Town Square (10am): (20 people max – kids welcome)
We will meet at Waterloo Town Square to set up a “Free Hot Chocolate” table for anyone passing by. This is a “Random Acts of Kindness” event, with no strings attached! 🙂 It is also a fun opportunity to spend some time outside visiting with one another.
7. Christmas Workshop in the Gym at 22 Willow (9am): (45 people max – kids welcome)
Those who sign up for this option will come to the gym at 22 Willow at 9am and then choose from a list, one or more, “stations” to work at. These stations will include:
- Assemble winter care packages using supplies provided
- Assemble Food hampers using items provided
- Create and colour a “stocking for Bolivia” to hang on our trees
- Make Christmas cards to be shared with neighbours or those around us, or to be included in the care packages/food hampers
Please note, if you are interested in one of the options but are unable to join because of scheduling or in person gathering comfort level, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide alternative ways for you to engage.
We look forward to sharing in this time together as a community, as we inspire each other to actively live out the love and joy of Jesus in serving and learning together.