Do you have an hour or two to spare? Are you looking for opportunities to help out around the church? If so, you’ve come to the right place and we’d love to hear from you. Check out the ways to get involved in the list below and if you see something that interests you, drop the “owner” a note to learn more. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, drop us a note and we will work together to find a way to put your time and skills to good use!
If you want to advertise a new volunteer opportunity, let us know.
The mission partner liaison role is part of the Mission team and “owns” the relationship with one of our mission partners. The responsiblities are as follows:
- Connect with your mission partner on a regular basis
- Frequency: monthly
- Where: in-person over a coffee, online meeting, phone, email, or whatever works for you and your partner
- Purpose: to stay current with their work and to make note of wins, challenges, prayer requests, areas where Elevation can get involved, etc.
- Notify Mel when the partner will be in town and could potentially speak at or visit with the Elevation community. Ideally our partners visit with Elevation at least once a year. Where an in person visit is not possible, a video could be provided to share on a Sunday morning.
- Meet with Mel and the Mission team
- Frequency: quarterly
- Where: in-person
- Purpose: to discuss how the partnership are going, any concerns that exist, any opportunities to improve the partnership in particular ways for us to share information and opportunities with the Elevation community
- Work with Elevation staff to post social media updates (website, Facebook, Instagram) on a quarterly basis
- Notify Elevation staff of prayer requests to be shared with the community
- Be familiar with the partner’s agreement with Elevation to ensure both parties are following the letter and the spirit of the agreement
- Work with partner and Elevation staff to ensure the congregation has an opportunity to actively engage with the partner throughout the year
To learn more contact Mel Martin.
We are looking for someone to “own” coffee hour on the 3rd Sunday of every month. The role involves getting coffee, treats, and tables set (no heavy is lifting required!) for coffee hour as well as cleanup afterwards. You would come in 15 minutes before the service starts and typically stay 45 – 60 minutes after.
For more information email Helen.