The newly birthed Pastoral Care Team will expand Elevation’s capacity to care well for its members by tapping into the various helping gifts already present in our congregation. It is comprised of about a dozen members of the community who have a desire to walk alongside and extend God’s comfort and direction to others (2 Cor. 1:3-4). We’re acting as a non-professional source of practical help and support for members of our community undergoing life transitions, health challenges, grief, job stress, post partum challenges, etc.
Team Values and Priorities:
- Listening → We are attentive to the needs in our community.
- Availability → We value everyone who seeks support. No one gets lost.
- Confidentiality → We respect privacy and build trust.
- Practical Help → We provide non-professional care and help people find the support they need.
- Prayer → We invite God into our care for one another.
- Modeling → We aim to inspire contagious care.
- Coordination → We work well together as a team and care for one another’s needs.
This page will act as a hub for various resources, both within the Elevation community, and outside. Working alongside this team are a group of people dedicated to supporting those with mental health challenges. Visit this page for more information about specific mental health concerns.
The Pastoral Care Team:
|Ian Bott||Patricia Layng||Jindi Singh|
|Chad Bouma||Brandon Malo||Phil Thompson|
|Mark Cowan||Melissa Malo||Marian Wiens|
|Helen Kroeker||Marion Myles||Crissa Wriglesworth|
If you have a concern that you would like to discuss with someone from the team, or if you just need a listening ear, please contact Brandon Malo, and he will direct you to a suitable team member. Please be assured that this team is committed to confidentiality.
Marriage Mentoring: firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Groups: email@example.com
We will be accumulating resources on an ongoing basis. Hard copies of materials will be stored in the Library.